This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Reclaiming tax as a non-resident

Charlie

Postby Charlie » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:29 am

I shall become non-resident in the UK as from beginning of October. Regarding UK building society interest, currently paid net, is it easier/better to send an R85 form to have the interest paid net of tax or to fill in an R43 and ask the building society for a 352 certificate to reclaim the tax? Will I still qualify, either way, for the first (half) year ie October 2003 to April 2004? Also, can I reclaim the 10% tax on share dividends?

Charlie

Charlie

Postby Charlie » Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:31 am

Sorry, made a mistake in the original question, which should have read:

I shall become non-resident in the UK as from beginning of October. Regarding UK building society interest, currently paid net, is it easier/better to send an R85 form to have the interest paid GROSS or to fill in an R43 and ask the building society for a 352 certificate to reclaim the tax? Will I still qualify, either way, for the first (half) year ie October 2003 to April 2004? Also, can I reclaim the 10% tax on share dividends?

Charlie

Return to “International Tax”