This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Setting up a sole-trader/partnership company in the UK whilst resident in France.

JonathanSmith

Postby JonathanSmith » Wed Oct 15, 2003 7:14 am

I would like to know whether it is possible to set up a sole-trader/partnership type company in the UK whilst still being resident in France. This would be done with the idea of being able to bill clients in UK for consultancy work and some other services offered through a webservice I am currently running as a hobby.

Additionally, could this business also include a "Succursale" or branch in France.

What are the implications in terms of Tax and can any when help me understand basically how best to go about it.

Many thanks in advance.

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Thu Oct 16, 2003 7:33 am

Dear Jonathan Smith,

the simple answer is no.

Also you need to be aware that as a French tax resident you are taxable on your worldwide income and gains.

The answer maybe different if you are talking about a UK Company, but you also need French tax advice.

You should look at the articles in the UK & International Tax section of this website that I edit.

Daniel M Feingold
Barrister-at-law (NP)
Strategic Tax Planning
International & UK Tax Consultants

Treen House 72 Park Road,
Prestwich Manchester M25 OFA
Tel: 0161 720 7244
E-mail: sedrate @easynet co.uk

Return to “International Tax”