This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Tax exemption for new French companies

matthew lynn

Postby matthew lynn » Wed Oct 22, 2003 12:03 am

I'm a freelancer, who is going to be living in France for a year or so from next March. I've read that a new company in France can be exempt from French tax for two years, up to a profit of €260,000.

Can I put my work through a French company and therefore minimise my tax? Does anyone know any more about this, or point me in the direction of more information?

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Wed Oct 22, 2003 2:50 am

Dear Matthew Lynn,

I am not aware of this particular concession. French income taxes are coming down and so its possible you can pay less tax in france depending on your circumstances.

If you look at my section of this website. Click on UK & International Tax Law under information on the right of this page. You will see an article by Professor Robert Anthony. You can contact his firm directly by e-mail mentioning this site and my name or I can contact him for you.

Daniel M Feingold
Barrister-at-law (NP)
Strategic Tax Planning
International & UK Tax Consultants
Treen House 72 Park Road,
Prestwich Manchester M25 OFA
Tel: 0161 720 7244
E-mail: sedrate @easynet co.uk

webmaster
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby webmaster » Wed Oct 22, 2003 4:14 pm

As a French resident, I am aware that new companies are exempt from paying certain taxes at the beginning of their trading life, although I am not sure for how long and for which sum.

To join Daniel, you need to speak to a professional on this, as the French pay very high taxes.

Return to “International Tax”