This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Commissions from International company

euro

Postby euro » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:27 pm

i have been looking at various online businesses & just wondered if I joined a Company as an affiliate & I earned monthly or quartely commissions from them online what are the Tax implications & is there a simplistic legal loophole to avoid paying income tax such as setting us a Trust or keeping the money abroad without transfering this into the UK.

Nigel Lord

Postby Nigel Lord » Tue Nov 04, 2003 1:14 am

euro

You do not provide sufficient information to afford a detailed answer. These are two of the main reasons why you will face a UK income tax liability:

1. Commissions are taxable in the UK under Schedule D, under either Cases I or IV. If you are a UK resident and domiciled then you are taxable on your global income.

2. You would probably be treated as an employee and the company would be under an obligation to deduct PAYE.

There are also a number of other anti-avoidance provisions that you would need to overcome to avoid tax.

If you require bespoke advice, please refer to me.

Nigel Lord
Lord Associates
Taxation & Business Consultants
Caxton House
Old Station Road
Loughton
Essex, IG10 4PE
020 8418 9101 & 07769 931852
mail@lordassociates.co.uk

Return to “International Tax”