This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

living in Ireland Taxed in UK

local_yokel

Postby local_yokel » Wed Aug 13, 2008 11:01 am

Employed in UK, PAYE etc. Am a remote UK worker, now more remote, in Irish Republic. Still on UK PAYE.What happens when the residency rules kick in? Do I end up paying 2 lots of tax and claiming one back or??? I am not seeking to escape tax, which would be nice, I just dont want to pay twice over. Advice? S~ince my kids are in the UK (One is in my uk house), I want freedom to be in either place without paying tax twice. HOW, apart from buying a false beard?
Thanks

funcrusherbill

Postby funcrusherbill » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:18 am

Assuming you become resident and don't commute to work frequently then you are liable to Irish tax and not UK PAYE. If your employer does not have an Irish branch, then you may need to become self-employed if (as is likely) he doesn't want the hassle of operating Irish PAYE

Return to “International Tax”