This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Definition of 'remittance ' for non'dom in Ireland

funcrusherbill

Postby funcrusherbill » Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:24 am

I am a non-domiciled Irish resident tax payer, which means I am only taxed in Ireland on foreign investment income if I remit to Ireland. Likewise I can remit capital without liability to income tax. Question: what constitutes a 'remittance of income', apart from the obvious. If eg I save my foreign interest income in a foreign bank account, does it eventually become capital which I can remit tax-free?

I have tried the revenue commissioners website and can't find the answer. Rumour has it that Ireland uses a slightly different definition of 'remittance ' to that used in the UK - but I can't find details

Return to “International Tax”