This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

PF, Superannuation and Gratuity amount from India to UK

gpaddy
PF, Superannuation and Gratuity amount from India to UK

Postby gpaddy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Hi,

I was working in UK on secondment from India for an Indian company. I was getting UK allowance (credited in UK account) and regular Indian salary (credited in Indian account).

Recently I have resigned from that company and have joined a UK based company. My previous employer would now be settling my provident fund, super annuation and gratuity to my Indian account.

My previous employer was paying tax for the gross salary (UK allowance + Indian Gross) to HMRC.

PF - my self contribution & company contribution was part of the Indian Gross salary. There is no tax to be paid to Indian gov for this PF as I have spent more than 5 years with that company before resigning. My previous employer will not deduct tax (at source), when they settle this to my Indian account.

Super annuation - This is contribution from my prev employer and is taxable in India. My prev employer will deduct the tax at source, before paying the amount to my Indian account.

Gratuity - This is exempted from tax in India, as I have spent more than 5 years with that company and the amount is withing the limits of Indian taxation policy.

I plan to bring all the above money to UK. Do I need to pay any additional tax to UK HMRC, for bringing this amount ? Please advise.

Thanks.

gpaddy

Re: PF, Superannuation and Gratuity amount from India to UK

Postby gpaddy » Mon Nov 15, 2010 11:41 am

any advice, please ?

Thanks and Regards.

SSSahoo

Re: PF, Superannuation and Gratuity amount from India to UK

Postby SSSahoo » Sat Feb 16, 2019 8:58 am

Hello My friend, Did you get any answer to this question? How it was taxed for you as I am in similar situation this year. Please kindly reply.

Return to “International Tax”