This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

German tax advice sought (CGT and residence rules)

markgirling

Postby markgirling » Mon Nov 08, 2004 12:09 am

I bought 2 houses in the UK in 1992 and intend to sell them soon, realising a substantial capital gain. I have been non UK resident since 1996, hopping from Germany to the Republic of Ireland and back a number of times. I am currently resident in Ireland and intend to move to Germany (for 1 year only) in June 2005. I am clear on my UK tax position (no liability to CGT as long as I do not become UK resident again within the stipulated period); however I am a little confused about current german tax laws. Can someone point me to a tax adviser who has knowledge of both german tax laws and irish tax laws? My mother tongue is english, however I can speak and read german.

ian.wright@beechams.

Postby ian.wright@beechams. » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:15 am

Mark, I know of an excellant international tax practice in Germany who may be able to help. They are...

Hans Peter Kraft Diplom-Kaufmann und Steuerberater [mailto:hanspeterkraft@t-online.de]

I hope they can help.

Ian

Return to “International Tax”