This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Tax on non-resident person working in UK

Posts: 1
Joined: Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:11 pm

UK Tax on non-resident person working in UK

Postby mikeyv1986 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:16 pm

Hi Forum,

I have had a question which has got me all confused and I was not sure where else to turn. I am no tax expert so this seems pretty advanced to me.

The details I have:-

This person is Slovakian and is employed by a Swiss Agency to work in the UK for less than the 183 days and they are a resident in South Africa.

The question is, should they be liable to pay income tax in the UK?

Sorry if this question is straight forward but I ahve got myself a little confused.

Thanks for any help


Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:18 am

Re: UK Tax on non-resident person working in UK

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Jan 08, 2015 11:52 am

Hi Mikey

If the employment relate to UK Duties then PAYE should apply from day one. They should be able to get the personal allowance

In certain circumstances they could apply for double tax treaty relief but doubt this applies here.

Kind Regards


Return to “International Tax”