This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Uk Ltd company doing short freelance jobs in Germany.

craigyc
Uk Ltd company doing short freelance jobs in Germany.

Postby craigyc » Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:06 am

Hi all
I'm the director of a Ltd company based in the UK. I have the opportunity to do some freelance work for companies in Germany. The jobs would be from 2 days to a few weeks in duration. I would go to their offices in Germany to work.

Is it possible for me to invoice these German companies from my UK Ltd company and pay the tax in the UK? I'm not a resident in Germany. Will I have any tax liability in Germany? Im not UK VAT registered.

A second issue is that I have an agent in Germany that will connect me with freelance employers. They charge 10% of my daily rate so I will need to pay them this at the end of each job. How would this work in terms of my UK Ltd company having to pay a German company for their services?

Thanks for your help in advance.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Uk Ltd company doing short freelance jobs in Germany.

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Jan 29, 2015 1:02 am

Hi

Yes you can invoice from the UK and also pay your agent from the UK

Thank

Sash

Return to “International Tax”