This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Self employed and business in UK, perm live abroad

Siata
Self employed and business in UK, perm live abroad

Postby Siata » Mon Apr 20, 2015 4:06 pm

Hello,

I need the advice from you. I have been lived in UK from 2004 and from 2012 I have worked as employee and self employed in UK.
In this month I decide to come back to my country (Poland ) so I finished my currently work as employee but I still continue my self employment business in UK and I want to continue it after when I come back Poland. I will fly to UK every second month for 5 days to do my job here as self employed because I have a contract with one hotel here for carpets cleaning. All money will be paid to my UK bank account.
My income every second month will be about £700, sometime I have also extra order from hotel for extra job so about £200, I think that approximate my year income will be about £5000.
I will not have any expenses for rent of property here because all my machines will keep by my friend which have garage. Only expenses which I will have will be the fly tickets from Poland to UK(every second month), the car rent for this 5 days which I will come to do the work, my mobile phone which I will keep because still I have contract £18 per month, the contact is ending on 2016, and possible sometime I will have to pay for book the room, and food when I will fly here.

In Poland also I would like to work as employee for some company but then I will pay the tax there.

Please if you could tell me what I need to do here to have a proper set up the everything with my business, which form do I need to fill in and how do I need to do the self assessment in the next year ending 5th April 2016.

Many thanks.

nikkisizer

Re: Self employed and business in UK, perm live abroad

Postby nikkisizer » Wed May 13, 2015 7:49 am

Hello Siata,

Residency is a very complex area and the existing HMRC UK residency rules changed significantly with effect from the 2013/14 tax year which now involves the statutory residence test (SRT).

Various ties such as work, accommodation, number of days in the UK etc. in the tax year and UK residence in prior years may class you as UK resident for the tax year in question regardless of where you reside.

If classed as UK resident you would then be taxed on your worldwide income.

Your individual circumstances would need to be looked at in more detail so that your residency status can be determined and in turn the correct schedules then completed on your self assessment tax return.

Happy to help if required so if you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.
Kind regards,

Nikki Sizer

Sizer & Co Accountants
nikki@sizeraccountants.com
[url]http://www.sizeraccountants.com[/url]

Birmingham - London - Manchester - Leeds

Return to “International Tax”