This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Swallows in South Africa

auditt235
Swallows in South Africa

Postby auditt235 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:04 pm

Hi, I am retired and my wife and I are considering buying a house in South Africa to over-Winter. Whilst we would only be visitors and at the start would use the visa waiver for 90 days and then extend it for another 90 days, I am worried that we will be defined as tax resident under the more than 91 days per year rule. We will have very little in terms of earnings in South Africa, just small interest, as all our income will come from pensions in the UK.

What are the implications please? We don't want to be seen to be a resident of South Africa from a UK stand point.

Thanks

Return to “International Tax”