This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Resident or non resident in UK..

pjbp
Resident or non resident in UK..

Postby pjbp » Mon Jan 30, 2017 7:07 pm

I have been living in the UK since 2000 and working as pilot in netherlands. I have been commuting all the time. In 2015 i retired and went to Qatar to fly there. My flights start and return in Qatar. I still occasionally visit the UK for my partner and daughter live there. I am not married. I limit my midnights to less than 90 days in the UK. Am i still considered a resident in the UK? E.g.is there a max number of nights i can spend in the UK without becoming a resident?? Please advise....

AmanSood

Re: Resident or non resident in UK..

Postby AmanSood » Mon Jan 30, 2017 9:59 pm

less than 16 days in the UK in 2015/16 to be non-resident as you have been resident in one of the previous 3 tax years.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “International Tax”