This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Which country is best for lowest corporation tax around uk

bluesky123
Which country is best for lowest corporation tax around uk

Postby bluesky123 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:12 pm

I just launched an online business which got huge potential in its market. I only launched two weeks ago and got 80 high profile companies registered. This business got same potential like google.In early days I need to set up head office either in Malta or Dublin to pay less tex.
Most of online gaming companies have head office in Malta where tax is 5% when a company is trading outside Malta ( I tick this box ) I will be selling my virtual products in uk in a niche market.
I need international tax advisor where I decide that which country will be ideal as an head office set up.
When Google was started no body knew that it will become a global strong business.
Is there any expert to advice and If you convince me than most probably I will be your client.
I am in business for last 26 years and I will apricieate a professional advice.

GlobalTaxAdviser

Re: Which country is best for lowest corporation tax around uk

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:55 pm

Hi

There are a number of tax havens where there is zero rate of tax or very low tax rate - e.g Jersey, Isle of Man, Bermuda, Cayman Islands,, British Virgin Island

The difficulty always has been that individuals set up a business in that country but control the business from the UK hence resulting in the profits coming into UK Tax Jurisdiction

Kind Regards

GTA

bluesky123

Postby bluesky123 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 12:07 am

Hi Thanks for replying to my post.My plan is to run from outside UK and currently I am having 4 staff from abroad and when I set up head office than I will be also having running Opration from that country.
So which country will be better?
Ash

GlobalTaxAdviser

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Mon Feb 13, 2017 11:45 am

Hi Ash

Its very difficult to say which country is better all will have pros and cons plus there are a number of other non tax related factors to consider. The tax havens will have zero corporation tax but you will still pay tax where you are resident on dividends/salary received.

Anyway, you have to be careful if the place of effective management is from the UK and need to be sure the management and control of the company is overseas and not UK

Kind Regards

GTA

AnthonyR

Postby AnthonyR » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:42 pm

As GTA says, this is a complex area and the main area that people fall down on the planning is simply the question of central management and control.

You can set up a BVI/Bermuda/Cook Island/etc company but if you are running it from the UK, making decisions in the UK and living in the UK then the likelihood is that HMRC will treat it as a UK company. With online businesses it's a harder point to prove and they may not spot it for a number of years, but when they do they can then potentially treat it as evasion (a criminal offence) and have introduced 200% penalties for failed offshore avoidance/evasion.

If however, you can pick up your life (and wife/kids/etc) and move to the country, set up an office and run the business there you can benefit from zero tax... for most clients however the practicalities of moving your life are beyond what they are willing to do. I do, however, have a handful of clients who have moved off to sunny climbs (Malta in particular) and enjoy favourable rates, so it is possible.
Anthony Rogers LLB CTA TEP
Fusion Partners LLP
anthony@fusionpartners.co.uk

Return to “International Tax”