This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK and Italy Director and employee

coffeegrind2020
UK and Italy Director and employee

Postby coffeegrind2020 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:47 pm

Hello

I wanted to double check some UK advice we have received and ask for some guidance on Italy.

I'm living in Italy now and intend to start paying tax on my monthly income from a UK business of which I am a shareholder and director along with two others. One is in the UK and the other in 3rd EU country.

The advice from the Italian and Uk advisors conflicts and I'm unsure which way to turn. The UK advisor says that I should become an employee in the UK. He says that would be zero and Id pay my tax income in Italy. The Italian advisor says that becoming an employee is inefficient, and complicates his advice which is transferring my shares to a second Italian company from which I'd take a dividend which is taxed less aggressively in Italy.

The sums involved mean it doesn't make sense for me to attempt to go for the new "Non-Dom" like staus that Italy has recently created and pay a flat rate of tax,

Any advice welcome

Thanks

AmanSood

Re: UK and Italy Director and employee

Postby AmanSood » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:26 pm

Do you plan to spend time working in the UK even though based in Italy? Then i can see merit in being an employee and not a director on the Board of the UK Company.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

Return to “International Tax”