This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Spanish tax residency

Ruc1977
Spanish tax residency

Postby Ruc1977 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi,

I am trying to get some clarification on my tax residency status in Spain and I was hoping you could help.

I work in the Oil and Gas industry offshore of Angola, (West Africa) on a 28 day on/off rotation. I pay income tax to the Angolan authorities.

I am a UK national and I rent an apartment in Barcelona where I spend on average 3-4 months of the year. The rest of my time away from work is spent either travelling or in the UK visiting family. I am not married nor do I have any dependents living in Spain. I have no other property either in the UK or anywhere else.

I would like to know whether or not I would be classed as a Spanish tax resident and any help would be greatly appreciated

AmanSood

Re: Spanish tax residency

Postby AmanSood » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:33 pm

On the basis that your only home/apartment is in Spain you would be considered tax resident in Spain.
Advising on UK employment, expatriate and personal taxes
aman.sood@e-taxconsulting.com.
+44 (0) 207 846 0155

etf

Re: Spanish tax residency

Postby etf » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:06 pm

You may find PWC's expat tax guide provides you with some useful information:

https://www.pwc.com/gx/en/services/people-organisation/global-employee-mobility/global-mobility-country-guides/assets/pwc-gm-folio-spain.pdf

KR

etf

Return to “International Tax”