This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Dual taxation

Jacqs1
Dual taxation

Postby Jacqs1 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 11:29 am

Hi
Hope this is in the right place.
Just a quick question on dual taxation.
I am Tax resident in France and earn below the taxation threshold. If I received a low income from a property rental in Australia, that was below the Australian tax threshold what would happen? would I pay any tax at all? or would it be taxed as a global income.
(previously I Had an income from the UK and as it was over the threshold paid tax in the UK but then not again in France. Even though I earned a low income in France as well.)
Because both incomes, France and Australia, will be below the tax threshold, i'm not quite sure what happens
any advice gratefully received
thanks

Return to “International Tax”