This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.


Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Forming company in thailand with none profit uk base

Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:39 pm

Forming company in thailand with none profit uk base

Postby rossb » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:51 pm

Hi, i am currently forming a business with a thai business partner which exports second hand items from the UK into Thailand. We are registering the business as a thai business. 100% of the income will be generated in thailand being paid into a thai company account. We are however operating from the UK for the time being but there is no sales in this country. I am aware there this a double taxation agreement which i need to obtain a certificate from Thailand to exempt me from paying tax in the uk? IS this correct. As i will be paying corporation tax etc in Thailand as the income is 100%. As i said previously the company is operating from the UK as in out of a house just for the purchases and sending the items alone. Any information regarding this would be of much help...

Posts: 633
Joined: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:18 am

Re: Forming company in thailand with none profit uk base

Postby GlobalTaxAdviser » Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:26 pm


The company can be resident by virtue of residence or where the place of management is situated.

You could claim the company is residence in Thailand by sending HMRC a tax residence certificate from Thailand that the company is treaty non residence as the management control is happening from Thailand. HMRC need to be convinced that the company is being run from Thailand

Where are the directors based ?

Kind Regards


Return to “International Tax”