This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

How to fill out a W8 form for Simple Partnership

boosted_d16
How to fill out a W8 form for Simple Partnership

Postby boosted_d16 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:09 am

There's a lot of information on how to fill out a W8 form for limited companies but I could not find anything for 'simple partnerships'.

My brother and I run an online data analysis platform. The business is registered as a simple partnership. Users purchase an annual license to use the platform.

We have a client/user in the US who wants to purchase a license however, we have to fill out a W8 form first to ensure we don't get taxed.

I believe we have to fill out a W8-IMY form instead of the W8-BEN-E form.

In chapter 3 we have ticked the 'Nonwithholding foreign partnership' option, then in Part VIII we have ticked 21a option.

Is that correct?

Return to “International Tax”