This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Moving Back to the uk

lee613
Moving Back to the uk

Postby lee613 » Tue Sep 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Hello

I left the UK in 2011. Only been back 3 times for visits for a total of 34 days since 2017. I have been living and working in south korea. Moving back to the uk in October. I wish to send around £450,000 from my korean bank account to my uk bank account. The money is savings from my work and also an inheritance from my korean mother in law. My wife is korean.

1) will there be any taxes on my money that i send back?
2) will there be any capital gains from the inheritance? The inheritance was land but ive already paid inheritance tax on it?
4) should I send the money before I leave or will it be ok to send it after I come back?
5) my wife has to open a uk bank account before she can send her money. Will there by any difficulties with this in terms of tax?
Many thanks in advance

Return to “International Tax”