This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Buying the shares in an overseas company

Yiannis17
Buying the shares in an overseas company

Postby Yiannis17 » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:24 pm

Afternoon

I have a situation where a UK resident company is purchasing 100% of the shares of a company based in the BVI. The BVI company is a holding company for assets held in the UK. I am completely lost as to the issues I need to consider and would like some help. I am not sure as to the consideration of the purchase yet.

Thank you

AnthonyR

Re: Buying the shares in an overseas company

Postby AnthonyR » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 am

What are the assets in the BVI co?

If it's residential property it becomes a bit of a minefield. If it's commercial property it's not too complex (for now). If it's not property you then have to look at what the assets are and whether there is UK source income anyway which brings the property into the charge to CT.
Anthony Rogers LLB CTA TEP
Fusion Partners LLP
anthony@fusionpartners.co.uk

Return to “International Tax”