This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

help with tax UK/FRANCE/NEPAL

elfutal
help with tax UK/FRANCE/NEPAL

Postby elfutal » Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:53 pm

Hi,
I am a french citizen but i have been living and working in the UK for almost 14 years.
I applied for the settled status (ILR) and it has been granted.
My partner will go to Nepal for a 24 months contract with his current work and I will move to Nepal in June 2020 for 24 months as well and we are planning on coming back to the uk after that. Also I will probably have to come back to the UK once every quarter for work related reasons.

Should I set up a limited company in the uk/France or Nepal and can my current work hire me as a consultant? i am currently employed full time by a UK company and i will keep my job but work remotely from Nepal.
As i will keep my job in the uk and work remotely i wanted to see what my options would be in term of taxes?

My income:
£42000 - basic salary
£3000 - bonus (2019) - TBD for 2020

We own 2 properties in the UK that we will put on rent.
From each property my income will be:
£5400 + £10400 = £15800/year

I want to know what would be the most tax efficient option and also I want to make sure my settled status (IRL) is not affected.
Let me know what can be done.
Thank you for your help

Return to “International Tax”