This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

taxation for newcomer to UK

ddppkk
taxation for newcomer to UK

Postby ddppkk » Sun May 24, 2020 3:39 pm

hello

my situation:
i work in Africa as expatriate currently and live there with my family.
i have not lived or worked in uk ever before.
i am now planning to move my family to uk due to corona situation while i will continue to work in Africa.

my queries:
- will i become Tax resident of UK if my family is residing in uk ?
- how many days maximum do i get to visit my family per year without becoming UK tax resident ?
- any other point/situation to be considered regarding uk tax residency ?
- can i move my previously earned money to uk without being taxed anything in UK ? (lets say there is no capital gain on the money and the money to be moved is earned through direct salaries only for which the tax is already paid in respective country where the money was earned)
- is there wealth tax in uk ? if yes, how does it work ?

(yes i have checked the statutory residence test page on gov.uk website but am getting confused. any direct answer from you experts would help)

Many thanks

Return to “International Tax”