This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Contracting in the UK for a project in France

Aurore
Contracting in the UK for a project in France

Postby Aurore » Sat Sep 12, 2020 11:37 pm

I've been asked to work on a project in France, where I'll be working 90% of the time from home, in the UK.
There will be occasional visits in France (Covid-19 permitting...) but otherwise the work will be done remotely.
I will be paid for the mission, not as an employee.
Am I able to set up as sole-trader in the UK and invoice them for the work? Will I need to pay tax in France for this? If so, should I instead set up as sole trader in France?
What would you recommend to make sure I pay the right taxes whether in the UK, where I reside, or in France where the work will be coming from?

Return to “International Tax”