This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

UK Tax Query - Living & Working In Netherlands

FootballFan
UK Tax Query - Living & Working In Netherlands

Postby FootballFan » Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:57 pm

Hi,

I had a query and was hoping I could get some advice.

I currently work in the Netherlands and live there. I am a British citizen. This year I came back in late December to see family and due to coronavirus and travel restrictions, have not been back to the Netherlands. It will have been around 3 months of living and working from the UK, despite being registered and working for a Dutch company. I've done some googling and didn't really understand if I'm impacted or not.

I get taxed in the Netherlands as I live and work there, but as I have now also worked in the UK for the past 3 months, what implications does this have on me from a UK tax perspective? Will I have to also pay tax in the UK? I've heard about a 'double taxation' treaty between the two countries but don't really understand it or if it exempts me.

is anybody able to shed any light on my situation?

ETaxConsulting

Re: UK Tax Query - Living & Working In Netherlands

Postby ETaxConsulting » Wed May 26, 2021 11:10 am

it would depend on your tax residence. if as a result of spending 3 months in the UK you are UK resident/treaty resident then yes you would need to file a UK tax return and declare the income you have earned in Netherlands.
Tax Manager
E-Tax consulting
www.e-taxconsulting.com

Return to “International Tax”