This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

30% USA Withholding Tax - for UK Companies

nomykhan
30% USA Withholding Tax - for UK Companies

Postby nomykhan » Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:44 am

Dear Members,

I have Put Limited company in the UK. I am selling to a USA-based provider. I am filling out the W-8 BEN-E form so I can be exempt from the 30% withholding tax.
One of the points in the form is to select one of the below options (mandatory): I do not know if I fit in any of them. Can someone guide me that which option should I select and later provide proof as well? My business is related to technology books and content for students and professionals.

"The beneficial owner derives the item (or items) of income for which the treaty benefits are claimed, and, if applicable, meets the requirements of the treaty provision dealing with limitation on benefits. The following are types of limitations on benefits provisions that may be included in an applicable tax treaty (see instructions):
Government
Tax exempt pension trust or pension fund
Other tax exempt organization
Publicly traded corporation
Subsidiary of a publicly traded corporation
Company that meets the ownership and base erosion test
Company that meets the derivative benefits test
Company with an item of income that meets active trade or business test
Favorable discretionary determination by the U.S. competent authority received
"

Return to “International Tax”