This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Early retirement in Portugal

CodeRoger
Early retirement in Portugal

Postby CodeRoger » Wed Feb 23, 2022 3:23 pm

I'm a 45 year old UK born citizen and both parents are Portuguese.  I don't have dual citizenship but can obtain a Portuguese one via heritage if needed or go through alternative citizenship routes. I am planning to live permentantly in Portugal next year. I own one Portuguese property about 150,000 euros and one UK property about 1 million pounds both with zero mortgage.  The idea is to sell my UK property, freeing up some capital to invest in stock and a cheaper UK property to rent out.  So my income will only be from UK property rental and dividend from stock. I'm not planning to work in Portugal. I'm open to any suggestions where best to allocate my proceeds for the sale of the UK property if it makes my liabilities less.  I need to know what's my best options to reduce tax payments? Who should I pay tax too?

Return to “International Tax”