This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

SA101 FORM FOR NON RESIDENTS?

bikeabouter
SA101 FORM FOR NON RESIDENTS?

Postby bikeabouter » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:12 am

Despite being a resident in France now, I still hold a bank account & shares in UK corporations.
I pay tax in France for these, so when filling in my self-assessment SA100 (for I rent out my old property in the UK), do I have to still fill the SA101 FORM in regards to savings, shares, pensions etc as well as the SA105 FOR UK property?

Thanx in advance!

Ps. congrats on the revamped website, been awhile since I last docked in for help.

Jholm

Re: SA101 FORM FOR NON RESIDENTS?

Postby Jholm » Mon Jun 10, 2024 10:37 am

As a non-resident, UK dividends are likely considered disregarded income.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/non-residents-and-investment-income-hs300-self-assessment-helpsheet/hs300-non-residents-and-investment-income-2020

Return to “International Tax”