This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

european resident non-domiciled city broker

jarazi

Postby jarazi » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:46 pm

i am from italy and i ve been living here for 8 years i am a higher rate payer and i have payed hundreds of thousands of tax in these years , being a non domiciloed is there any way to recover some taxes and to avoid paying in the future ??

Huw Williams

Postby Huw Williams » Sun Mar 23, 2003 10:55 pm

As with all UK taxpayers, there are reliefs and exemptions available to you which might reduce your tax bills.

As regards your domicile status, I assume your main source of income is from employment and there are some special reliefs if your employer is not UK resident. But these are quite limited.

If you have income arising outside the UK there may be some other reliefs available here too.

What you need to do is spend some time with a tax adviser to go through all the issues.

Huw Williams
enquiries@huwwilliams.co.uk

Return to “International Tax”