This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

european resident non-domiciled city broker

jarazi

Postby jarazi » Sun Mar 23, 2003 12:46 pm

i am from italy and i ve been living here for 8 years i am a higher rate payer and i have payed hundreds of thousands of tax in these years , being a non domiciloed is there any way to recover some taxes and to avoid paying in the future ??

pffitch@sayersb.co.u

Postby pffitch@sayersb.co.u » Mon Mar 24, 2003 5:15 am

Assuming you are employed there may be some scope depending upon where your duties are performed. However, if you are ordinarily resident here and work mainly in the UK it is unlikely that income tax can be mitigated.

However, before you become deemed "domiciled" for UK Inheritance tax purposes (17 tax years as resident) you should consider setting up an offshore trust with any assets that you hold abroad in order to protect them from UK Inheritance tax.

Paul
pffitch@sayersb.co.uk
www.sayersb.co.uk

Return to “International Tax”