This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Treaties...

1q

Postby 1q » Tue May 20, 2003 2:24 am

To avoid paying CGT this year I am prepared to leave the country for a period of time.

Does anyone know where I should go and/ or for how long?

Taxbar

Postby Taxbar » Tue May 20, 2003 4:00 am

Dear 1q

if you look at the UK and International Law section of this site you will see my introductory article in which I mention this subject.

Where you go depends on a number of personal lifestyle factors coupled with the availability of treaty relief. It also depends on the sort of sums generated and how they will be invested. In some countries for example, you avoid CGT on the gain, but could face income tax at up to 60% on any interest on the proceeds.

If you want further advie contact me via this website

Daniel Feingold

Editor UK& Internatioanl Tax Law editor

Return to “International Tax”