This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

parents gifting their home

DEJO

Postby DEJO » Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:27 am

my wife and i have recently moved into a bungalow near to her elderly parents old run down house the bungalow is owned solely by my wife,and we are now talking about the prospect of swapping properties, with her parents gifting their house to me. my wife and i would then live in the gifted property, they would then in turn live in my wife's bungalow rent free, is this possible and are there any taxation issues we need to be aware of whilst trying to minimise any tax paid. also what would be the cost of setting this up.

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”