This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

IHT400 and Peer to Peer lending

Haltern
IHT400 and Peer to Peer lending

Postby Haltern » Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:39 am

Hi,

I'm working through the IHT400 and sub-forms for a simple estate for a relative - I'm the Executor.

IHT will be due.

I'm not sure what to do for two peer to peer lenders Ratesetter & Funding Circle. It looks like they go on the IHT416 form - Debts due to Estate, but at what value?

These companies manage multiple personal and business loans of £10 upwards over 3-5 years. Interest is fixed but outstanding capital could be repaid at any time at the borrowers choice.

I could enter:-
Current capital outstanding + cash value as given by the managers at time of death.
Estimated value if loans are liquidated after probate - this can be done by the manager for a fee by re-selling the loan books
Estimated value of final loan repayment totals

Any suggestions as to the best option?

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”