This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Non.Domiciled

NonDom41
Re: Non.Domiciled

Postby NonDom41 » Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:01 pm

@AGoodman

To A)
The company bought the flat a long time ago, before I came to the UK. I do not file on the remittance basis. I think the tax situation you described would apply anyway and has nothing to do with the 15-year residency (domiciled or not). Correct?

To B)
Are only cash transfers tax-exempt or does this also apply to investment bonds transferred from my foreign bank account to my son's foreign bank account? I think contrary to A) this gift transfer (cash or bonds) has to take place before one is deemed domiciled after 15 years. Am I right?

I greatly appreciate your help.

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”