This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

agricultural relief on let farm

Rows Mum
agricultural relief on let farm

Postby Rows Mum » Fri Sep 06, 2019 10:32 am

Deceased owned a farm which was let on a Scottish secure agricultural tenancy to a partnership which included the deceased. The whole farm was comprised in the lease, including a cottage which the partnership lets to a third party who has no connection to the farming operations. Presumably neither agricultural relief nor business relief is available in respect of this cottage, or does anyone have a differing view? Thank you.

Jholm

Re: agricultural relief on let farm

Postby Jholm » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:24 pm

I agree no relief available since you state it has no connections. APR can often be available if the situation is right but not BPR anyhow (I believe). Therefore, in this instance I vote both out.

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”