This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Periodic charge and house valuation

worden
Periodic charge and house valuation

Postby worden » Sat Mar 07, 2020 11:43 am

Hi there

i have tried to research --- but not getting an answer

can anyone please tell me: if needing to get an estimate for house valuation to pay the 10 year periodic charge , or indeed deciding to wind up trust.

does the valuation need to be within a certain time frame before the 10 year anniversary? does it need to be RICS accredited ? or can i just take the lowest estimate if 3 obtained ?

thank you !

maths

Re: Periodic charge and house valuation

Postby maths » Sat Mar 07, 2020 7:11 pm

The value of trust property whether for the 10 year charge or exiting a trust is its market value at those times.

Ideally an RICS valuation would be "best" or alternatively say 3 estate agent valuations can be obtained from which a figure average or otherwise can be used.

HMRC may ask the DV to provide them with a market value.

worden

Re: Periodic charge and house valuation

Postby worden » Sun Mar 08, 2020 9:27 pm

thank you for your reply !

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”