This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

IHT404 Jointly owned assets

dominoman
IHT404 Jointly owned assets

Postby dominoman » Sat Jun 20, 2020 12:21 pm

I'm an executor for my late father.

He lived with his partner for 20 years until the date of death but they were not married. Most of the things in the house (washing machine, sofa etc) were paid for by him but were considered jointly owned. There's nothing of any real value. Do I need to enter all those on IHT404, or should they be on IHT407 because he paid for them (well he probably did - his partner doesnt remember)?

How careful do we have to be to list everything? For example, a 10 year old washer-dryer really has no value. Do I need to list it anyway?

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”