This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

IHT411

rodthorpe
IHT411

Postby rodthorpe » Thu Jul 02, 2020 6:19 pm

Hi, I am filling in IHT schedules for my late mother's estate. She had a Stocks & Shares ISA wrapper which I understand needs to be listed on schedule IHT411, but it is not clear from the instructions if I have to list every individual stock holding with the number of units and value contained within the fund or whether I can just put the total value of the fund at DOD as provided to me by the fund manager.

The area on the form in question - box 2 - does not have enough lines to list all the individual holdings anyway which makes me think that they don't have to be listed in this way, just the overall value.

Thank you in advance for help. :?

Lee Young

Re: IHT411

Postby Lee Young » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:37 am

Just put "See attached valuation" and annexe a copy of the inheritance tax valuation you have from the provider.
Lee Young
Solicitor, Chartered Tax Adviser and Trust and Estate Practitioner

Partner, Frettens LLP
lyoung@frettens.co.uk
01202 491701

rodthorpe

Re: IHT411

Postby rodthorpe » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:49 pm

Thank you!

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”