This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Wills and ISA’s wrt ASP’s

zaxtab
Wills and ISA’s wrt ASP’s

Postby zaxtab » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:40 pm

Where a WILL states ‘MY TRUSTEES shall hold the residue of my estate on trust either to retain or sell it...........PROVIDED THAT my Trustees may lend any part of my estate to my said wife with or without security or interest the said loan being repayable on demand .......’

1)At what stage is ASP sought wrt deceased ISA’s

Does the EXECUTOR/TRUSTEE complete the appropriate application as part of post probate distribution of estate or does the surviving spouse make the application after he/she obtains the loan of estate residue from Trustees as mentioned in Will?

2)Also referring to first para above...can a simple ‘loan note’ be written including whole estate residue,to surviving spouse,particularly if spouse,Executor and Trustee are the same person?....and what form should this take?....or does the ‘loan note’ need to be a legal document from a solicitor?

Lee Young

Re: Wills and ISA’s wrt ASP’s

Postby Lee Young » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:29 pm

The ASP is applied for as part of the post probate dealings in the estate.

Without seeing the full will, it would be difficult to advise on the second part of your question.
Lee Young
Solicitor, Chartered Tax Adviser and Trust and Estate Practitioner

Partner, Frettens LLP
lyoung@frettens.co.uk
01202 491701

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”