This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Reporting to HMRC for pensions above the lifetime allowance (LTA) after death of father

dominoman
Reporting to HMRC for pensions above the lifetime allowance (LTA) after death of father

Postby dominoman » Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:04 am

As an executor of my late father’s estate I now understand the IHT and probate process pretty well. But now I need to sort out his pensions and the info online is more confusing.

He has one main pension, which is already 500k over the LTA and this one goes to me and my siblings. He then has another private pension of around 50k which goes to his girlfriend. Do I need to report both to HMRC? I only know the amount of the main pension, not the other one, and his girlfriend has already received the money.

I know this isn’t strictly probate related, but it’s all part of the same process of sorting out the estate.

Thanks for any help or useful links

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”