This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

BPR Replacement Property (IHTA s107)

adamh
BPR Replacement Property (IHTA s107)

Postby adamh » Tue Oct 20, 2020 1:53 pm

I have recently had an EIS company exit meaning that around £100k of (two-year qualified) BPR is now in cash.

I would like to reinvest in some BPR as soon as possible to preserve the IHT protection should I pop my clogs at any moment. My questions are:

1) Is it necessary to reinvest the entire proceeds (i.e. all £100k) or can I hold some back as spending money?
2) Is it necessary to reinvest the entire proceeds in one single company or can I split it across several companies?

Thanks,
Adam

AGoodman

Re: BPR Replacement Property (IHTA s107)

Postby AGoodman » Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:53 pm

Both are fine. Obviously only the cash you reinvest will benefit from BPR. If investing in different things, make sure you keep a track of the funds as it can quickly become difficult to follow.

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”