This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Online INT205 Application

zaxtab
Online INT205 Application

Postby zaxtab » Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:34 pm

I have been looking at the online method of completing form IHT205 and I was wanting some clarification on the requirements stated below......

[ ‘You may need to use a different form

If the gross value of the estate (ie the value before you subtract debts and mortgages) is between £325,000 and £1 million, you may have to use the IHT400 form to report the estate value.
There are two ways that you can continue with this online service:
* if the estate has exemptions
* if you can raise the threshold’ ]

If my interest is from the position where wrt to first death of husband and wife with mirror wills and written with IPDI and where all estate is effectively held as Tenants in Common.

The deceased value of estate is between £325k and £1000k, but can it claim exemption relating to estate transferring to surviving spouse,not as a joint estate, but as stated in Will with IPDI?... and hence avoid need to use IHT400?

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”