This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Iht 100a and iht100b

Jai
Iht 100a and iht100b

Postby Jai » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:37 am

I was a beneficiary of a life assurance which I only just found out about on 2020 December.
The trustees claimed the assurance policy in 2012 and terminated my position as beneficiary without anyone knowing.
They set up a discretionary trust with the funds and made me a settler and used my nil rate band and reserved funds just incase I died within 7 years .
The discretionary trustees have created a tax problem while doing this to me and other beneficiaries.
Many thanks
Jai

AGoodman

Re: Iht 100a and iht100b

Postby AGoodman » Thu Apr 22, 2021 5:20 pm

1/ do you have a question there?
2/ you're going to have to give more information - were you an adult in 2012? How did they make you a settlor without you even knowing about it? what is the tax problem?

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”