This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Gifts from Income

Another1
Gifts from Income

Postby Another1 » Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:16 pm

If I wish to make regular gifts from income, can this be carried out by making the gift into an independent ‘family’ account whereby at final closure of this account,whether it be at death of donor or cessation of gifting,the balance of the account can be distributed to ‘family’ (children and/or grandchildren).If achievable would it have to be via a trust,and if so how do I arrange this?

I understand the conditions for gifting from income, but can income be made up of occ.pension,state pension and investment income?

pawncob

Re: Gifts from Income

Postby pawncob » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:41 am

If it's a "family" account, all family members must be named on the account, or a trust deed written to include all beneficiaries.
Any "income surplus to requirements" counts towards the gift.
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”