This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

My father's estate

Benlog
My father's estate

Postby Benlog » Mon Jun 21, 2021 6:27 pm

Hi if an estate is short on liquid capital and a pro rata system estimates you owe 50k in order to have your benefit accented. Is this figure classed as a loss from a tax point of view

Ben

pawncob

Re: My father's estate

Postby pawncob » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:07 am

Can you explain exactly what you mean please?
With a pinch of salt take what I say, but don't exceed your RDA

Benlog

Re: My father's estate

Postby Benlog » Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 am

Hello
The estate has multiple benefices and asset happy but no capital left in the residue to cover the debits. Those debits have been divided on a pro-rata basis so we have the choice to either sell the asset (s) or pay the funds into the estate. So I guess I'm wondering is there any tax break for me in paying those funds. The asset I have been left is the (primary) business and so therefore I am taking out of the business to pay for ownership of the business effectively
Thanks for your opinion 👍

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”