This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Which IHT Forms needed before probate

piper777
Which IHT Forms needed before probate

Postby piper777 » Wed Apr 20, 2022 5:14 pm

Hello there, am hoping someone can advise

My mother died 5 years ago leaving her half of house and all her assets to dad. .My father recently died leaving an estate of apron 260K.in savings. 3 years before his death he sold his house and gifted 450K to children and grandchildren from the 570K received from sale of the marital house. by my calculation there should be no tax due as we can claim both parents hit threshold and both rnrb....even though the pet has failed. please correct if wrong ?? . Which IHT tax forms will I need to complete….will I have to complete the IHT 400 long version and which others to be clear

Thank you --in anticipation !

Lee Young

Re: Which IHT Forms needed before probate

Postby Lee Young » Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:19 pm

Yes you will have to do the IHT 400 and whichever of the schedules you are directed to complete due to the nature of the estate
Lee Young
Solicitor, Chartered Tax Adviser and Trust and Estate Practitioner

Partner, Frettens LLP
lyoung@frettens.co.uk
01202 491701

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”