This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Spouse Unused NRB Transfer

KartRacer
Spouse Unused NRB Transfer

Postby KartRacer » Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:23 pm

My Uncle died in March 2003 and his entire estate passed to his wife, my Aunt.

My Aunt died in May 2022 and left her entire estate to me, her Godson.

When I did the IHT calculation, it looks to have pulled in £250k as unused NRB, but I thought I had read that should be 100% of £325k

The probate application says if it is an excepted estate, you don't need IHT 421 or IHT 400, but you may need IHT 207. Then IHT 207 says it is not required, used IHT 400. There is no mention of IHT 402

How does IHT 402 get included in the probate process

KartRacer

Re: Spouse Unused NRB Transfer

Postby KartRacer » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:03 pm

Folks, perhaps I've not asked the question using the correct parlance, but i'm still left wondering 'when does IHT 402' get used /referred to when using the on-line probate application.

I've enetered the first three section/pages and I'm about to sign the declaration. I've see. No reference to IHT 402 so far. Does it get referred too in the last two sections after the signing of the deceleration triggers their activation?

KartRacer

Re: Spouse Unused NRB Transfer

Postby KartRacer » Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:04 pm

Folks, perhaps I've not asked the question using the correct parlance, but i'm still left wondering 'when does IHT 402' get used /referred to when using the on-line probate application.

I've enetered the first three section/pages and I'm about to sign the declaration. I've seen No reference to IHT 402 so far. Does it get referred too in the last two sections after the signing of the deceleration triggers their activation?

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”