This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

IHT - Gift Allownces

Another1
IHT - Gift Allownces

Postby Another1 » Fri Aug 05, 2022 3:55 pm

For several years I have been making regular annual gifts to gchildren of £3k from capital ie annual allowance ,however some years I have missed but the following year I have gifted £6k…which I believe is permitted.

I have also been making irregular gifts as PETs,ie not on an annual basis.

To make full use of the allowances available could I consider the gifts made in first para to be gifts from income and with the PET gifts,..extract £3k from them for that amount to be regarded as gifts from capital?

My doubts arise from the fact that the regular gifts were nor regular in terms of continuous years!

Return to “Inheritance Tax, IHT, Trusts & Estates, Capital Taxes”