This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

Experience and Best Practice needed: Paying Tax and NIC while working for German company, living in the UK

eucitizeninuk
Experience and Best Practice needed: Paying Tax and NIC while working for German company, living in the UK

Postby eucitizeninuk » Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:01 am

Hi all,

I might start a new work for a German company but I will keep living in the UK, which includes paying tax and NIC. The company in Germany is struggling a fair share with their tax advisor, who seems to either be against hiring someone living in the UK or having a lack of experience for this special case and actually, overthink and overcomplicate the situation.
Or it might just be super complicated - which I don't think.

Any tips, hints, experiences and recommendations on how we can construct the payroll topic (may it be through a newly founded Ltd, may it be directly employed in Germany) are welcome and highly appreciated. Are there any further points to think about now with the Brexit rules? The expected Salary incl bonuses/commission will be just under 100k.

I am an Austrian citizen and living and working for just under 5 years in South England.

Many thanks and a happy weekend!

PS:
If it can't be resolved I will not be able to change to them.

eucitizeninuk

Re: Experience and Best Practice needed: Paying Tax and NIC while working for German company, living in the UK

Postby eucitizeninuk » Mon Apr 26, 2021 4:53 pm

Anyone having any tips? Or ideas? Anyone still actively using this forum?....

etf

Re: Experience and Best Practice needed: Paying Tax and NIC while working for German company, living in the UK

Postby etf » Thu May 20, 2021 10:03 am

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/gds/nic/work/embassy.htm

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”