This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. To find out more about cookies on this website and how to delete cookies, see our Cookie Policy.
Analytics

Tools which collect anonymous data to enable us to see how visitors use our site and how it performs. We use this to improve our products, services and user experience.

Essential

Tools that enable essential services and functionality, including identity verification, service continuity and site security.

Where Taxpayers and Advisers Meet

unpaid class 2 NIC

baden

Postby baden » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:02 am

I have recently realised that the NIC department have not been collecting my contributions for about two years! My accountant had not realised and we can't find a reason why the payment has not been collected.. Do they not realise when payments are not being collected? I still pay class 4 every year as per normal.. All very confusing.

tom 7000

Postby tom 7000 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:11 am

This is a common problem - about time they just abolished this and raised the class 4 nic limit to 9% instead...or just abolished it...at least its only a couple of £ a week in the old days when it was £6 and you hadnt paid for 4 or 5 years then you got a big bill

I suggest you pay up asap - or you may be guilty of some sort of money laundering offence....

tom and co

baden

Postby baden » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:23 am

At least it's a "common" problem then.. I reckon they stop collecting on purpose so that when you need to claim your OAP they can smile smugly and turn away. My thoughts are .... If they fail to collect when a standing order/direct debit etc is made available to them surely it's there fault NOT yours.... as if!!

Return to “PAYE and Payroll Taxes, National Insurance, NICs”